Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Midnight at The Oasis

I would post pictures of our last two days in Hong Kong, but Steve needs to convert them to websize from his normal 2,980KB enhanced JPEG size, and I am too lazy to pass the computer over to him.

We did all the standard and fun stuff - Victoria's Peak, SoHo, the skyscraper "fireworks" across the harbor, and even took a fun double decker bus ride out to Aberdeen on the other side of Hong Kong island. Check out these cool funky houseboats in the harbor.



I am the kind of person obsessed with "what is on the other side that I can't see." It drives Steve crazy when we are on hikes - Corey and I always sprint ahead or take some funny side path. So in that vein Aberdeen was VERY fulfilling - doubly so because it required going through a big tunnel as well.

Monday was a bit of a bust because is got very cold, rainy and super windy...which forced us to put in some mall time - fascinating and frightening - I think I am glad we left when we did because I would have eventually caught the shopping bug and come home with a hot pair of narrow leg bermuda length shorts with knee-hi boots, which is the "in look" in Hong Kong. The perm also seems to be an in look - but fear not, I was not anywhere close to coming home with one of those (yes, like Jennifer Aniston and others, I too am a perm reformee from 1985-1987)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home