Saturday, February 11, 2006

More Courage Than Sense

I don't want the cute girl clothes and the pithy posts to give anyone the wrong impression of what is really going on in our world right now. We are not quaintly nesting, paitiently waiting communist beuracracy travel approval. Lavishing our boys with attention as we prepare of Anna's arrival amid frolicking family fun.

We are the Kellonds. And for some strange reason we thought it would be a great idea to synchronize a new baby with Steve starting his own firm and with our big remodel project. I think our logic had something to do with business being slow to ramp, Anna needing a parent at home, and the added cost savings of Steve managing some of the construction.

Please someone tell me what we were smoking?!?!

I suspect I don't even need to explain why we are now feeling our original judgement was dubious at best. And I still believe that the giant hole in our yard and the full office set up in the bedroom would seem to make sense, were it not for the fact that we niavely forgot to factor in the the wave of work that has accompanied my new job. What do three red eyes in thirty days do if not make you stronger?

I'll tell you what they do. They create the X factor. The tipping point where everything starts to spin out of its natural orbit. Where the chaos becomes greater than the sum of its parts.

And the embodiement of this X factor: The orange roll-aboard which was the pride of the Christmas giving season. This bstylish ox of deftly balanced ballistic nylon on wheels has become the "last straw" and the evil intruder racking havoc in our lives.

The results?:

  • I can't sleep at night anymore and remain functional only through a careful psychosomatic balance of wine, tall blended latte, and microwave popcorn. (Oddly all things I probably couldn't consume if I were "really" pregnant. )
  • Corey has descending into a week of Kirkland Chicken Tacito transmitted avian flu which has permenantly modified his voice into this unintelligble rumble-cluck.
  • Grant is regressing and cycling through underwear faster than I can get to Target and replace it. (and more disturbingly he's hiding all evidence of his transgressions - in clean clothes baskets, in the dryer, in Corey's room! Argh!)
  • And then there is Ben, who is having the most unsettling reaction of all. Ben has become overwhelingly responsible, emphatetic, and helpful.

    Clearly armedggon is near.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home