Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Brilliant Future

I posted a question on our agencies yahoo group asking about Bubuwang. This is what I heard back from one of the resident experts on the board. Clearly Anna was destined to be a Kellond...

"Bubuwang is a shoe manufacturer, and has its own chain stores, somewhat like Nike though probably more profuse in popularity as there are many soles in the country. I am not sure if the supermarket sells anything else, but it is quite likely so as shoes in China can get into a lot of other ventures and shoppers may linger for a sip of tea while browsing not unlike Borders.

Bu is the word for Step, Bubu means Every Step, or Step by Step, or Each Step, with Wang meaning Prosper. The name of the shoe brand comes from an old expression, Prosper with Every Step. The expression is intended to mean Excel in Success at Every Venture, sort of a Brilliant Future is the connotation, rather appropriate considering the steps one must take in life and shoes get you there. The manufacturer is based in Fujian province.

I suppose there may be a hint of linkage with the abandonment of the child at the store. The parents may be wishing the child a bright future by leaving her in a place with this symbolism."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home