One Final Thought for Anna
One there were two women
Who never knew each other;
One you do not remember,
The other you call Mother.
Two different lives,
Shaped to make your one,
One became your guiding star
The other became your sun.
The first one gave you life
And the second taught you to live it,
The first gave you a need for love,
The second was there to give it.
One gave you a nationality,
The other gave you a name.
One gave you a talent,
The other gave you an aim.
One gave you emotions,
The other calmed you fears.
One saw your first sweet smile,
The other dried your tears.
One sought for you a home
That she could not provide,
The other prayed for a child,
And her hopes were not denied.
And now you ask me
Through your tears,
The age- old question,
Unanswered through the years.
Heredity or environment,
Which are you a product of ?
Neither my darling, neither.
Just two different kinds of love.
-- Author Unknown
...ok, that's it for this blog. I have four kids, and a full time job, and am in the middle of a major home remodel, remember? Thanks for being part of this journey with us.
Who never knew each other;
One you do not remember,
The other you call Mother.
Two different lives,
Shaped to make your one,
One became your guiding star
The other became your sun.
The first one gave you life
And the second taught you to live it,
The first gave you a need for love,
The second was there to give it.
One gave you a nationality,
The other gave you a name.
One gave you a talent,
The other gave you an aim.
One gave you emotions,
The other calmed you fears.
One saw your first sweet smile,
The other dried your tears.
One sought for you a home
That she could not provide,
The other prayed for a child,
And her hopes were not denied.
And now you ask me
Through your tears,
The age- old question,
Unanswered through the years.
Heredity or environment,
Which are you a product of ?
Neither my darling, neither.
Just two different kinds of love.
-- Author Unknown
...ok, that's it for this blog. I have four kids, and a full time job, and am in the middle of a major home remodel, remember? Thanks for being part of this journey with us.

6 Comments:
Cheryl:
You have the best blog. I was totally bummed to read that you won't be posting anymore. I'm one group away from traveling to China and reading your funny thoughts has kept me sane. Welcome home.
PS Did you write that poem? I had to print it so that I can read it to my daughter one day.
Isabelle
I would like your permission to copy your poem (since it is Anonymous I am thinking that won't be a problem?) and put it on my blog...I loved your last post, the Editorial about adoption. It is all true! I laughed my way through it. My husband and I have had the exact same thoughts. We have two bio boys and one daughter from China. My blog name is similar to yours, it was suggested by blogspot.com since the one I requested (yours!) was already taken. If I don't hear a reply in a few weeks, I'll copy it anyway and give credit to your blog. I won't copy any of your comments, though. Thanks, susan
Anna is the second-most (I have a daughter) beautiful baby girl I've ever seen. I'm in tears. You must be the happiest mommy and Casa Babe, ever.
...to "anonymous" who posted on my birthday. You know my blog, you know the casa..for the life of me I can't even guess who you are though. Please let me know. Either way your comment made for a great birthday gift - thanks!
The least I can do, for someone so special. I tells it like it is.
Was in Saratoga last year; had no idea you were there. Beautiful town. I stayed at the Saratoga Oaks Lodge for a night, before spending a long weekend at a friend's house in the Santa Cruz Mts. You're pretty lucky to live in such a beautiful area of the country; don't take it for granted. If you haven't done it yet, the Santa Cruz, Big Trees & Pacific Railway trainride is great for kids.
You know some Casa remnants are still online? I was mentioned briefly in an older, unabridged version, only in passing. C'est la vie.
Sorry, beautiful, must remain anon. Smile, you're special.
Post a Comment
<< Home