Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia




Our last night in Guangzhou and I have to admit our “farewell dinner” was a bit surreal. We were in this odd hotel night club eating bad hotel food (Best Western I think) and there was some very strange Chinese Kareoke thing going on, which occasionally would cut over to topless European super models. The Le Coq sisters were dressed like Shanghi lounge singers – and sounded like the same as they belted out Hotel California.

And the China team handed out these little stuffed bears to all the girls. Ruby’s said “Cheesecake Factory” on the back. Anna’s had a Florida Seminole’s emblem on it. There was intermittent conga line and just a whole lot of families ready to go home.


Two of our favorite mom's from the trip with two of our favorite girls.
Anna, Lila, and Ruby: BFF


I suspect if we hadn’t gotten so sick this would have been a fabulous trip and I am a tad bit bittersweet about leaving. But only a tad.

Next Stop? Home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family photo .. have a safe trip back ; and I'll echo Judy and hope that you keep it up for us to follow her transition to her new life as a real life princess in the sea of great boys ! love, Karen

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home