The Other Downside
The other downside of being sick is that it hit us just as Anna’s personality was starting to show itself a bit. But with the sickness she has wanted to sleep – and frankly we have needed her to sleep. Anna’s an orphanage baby. If you put her in a her bed in a dark room she will lie their silently wether she is asleep or not. It’s what she learned to do in the orphanage – crying or being bored wouldn’t change anything there so she learned to not even try. While it’s been helpful in our current predicament it is really really sad and it has caused her to go back into her shell a bit more. She just needs to come home to her brothers.

2 Comments:
It will be like a day at Disneyland ( or much better ) when those boys get ahold of her. She will be plenty stimulated and I'll bet settle in to the joyous craziness just wonderfully. What an adventure to watch this little one develop on fast forward.. we are trying to decide what size she is wearing... cute cute cute...
bless you and hang in there.. you are about at the home plate !!
love, the Skinners
I too wish you were home.
I went to the MOM/DAM conference today where all I kept seeing was your name on the agenda.
Hang in there.
Post a Comment
<< Home