Sunday, March 05, 2006

No Juice in Guangzhou

We are finally in Guangzhou and only one day a way from Anna. We meet up with the group in one hour. GZ is a joy. Everything is a dingy shade of greenish brown – the air, the water, you name it. There was even smog INSIDE the airport. I didn’t dare wash my face with the water from the tap fearing my skin might melt off. To make it even better, we have the deluxe accommodations of the room in front the elevator, with a window looking out on the 24 hour spotlight from the convention center –and (you’ll love this) – 2 twin beds. It was like earnie and bert last night. The lone salvation is free internet from the starbucks in the lobby.

Steve and I found ourselves awake at 4:30am for not the first time on this trip.. both thinking about our little bug. We were imaging the trauma she’s going to go through tomorrow – probably her first car ride, maybe her first time outside and lots of strangers. That's a lot for a little girl who has been through so much already.

I can’t imagine how we’ll be able to sleep a wink tonight. The dragonflies in my stomach are in motion already. And I'll just fess up right now that everytime I think about tomorrow I get all choked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home