Retail Therapy
...and yes, everytime my phone rings nowadays, I jump and rush to it, hoping it is "The Call".
I think the real problem right now is that I don't have a good outlet for my anxious energy.
Most expectant mother's start to nest. Unfortunately we are just weeks away from starting a full scale remodel(hmm, I bet you are all thinking you've heard this before). "Nesting" is out of the question. The cute coral room I want to sencil with dragonflies will become the boys room as we convert their room to our temporary kitchen. Don't get me started on the thought of managing a full on provisioning routine for a family of 6 out of a 10x10 space using only a microwave oven, make-shift plumbing reinforced with duct tape, and a card table.
The next best thing to preparing Anna's room would be to shop for cute girl clothes...except I have no idea how old she'll be, or what season we'll be bringing her home in. (Yes, we are still assuming we will have her home this winter, but I don't want to jinx myself). I can just see myself buying her cute baby clothes only to find out my daughter is 1 1/2. Plus I've heard that you can find all the cutest designer baby clothes in China for a fraction of the cost. I know the boys are psyched to stock up on Astro World Series Champions 2005 gear when we are over there.
I can't even exersize my own personal tried and true way of waiting out the last weeks before "a delivery". And, no I am not talking about sitting in the back seat of of the car trying to figure out why I am not getting anywhere very quickly! I am talking about working insane hours to launch a new product. In fact I am doing just the opposite these days, patiently awaiting the black hole that is Adobe-Macromedia Day 1 Ops planning to digest my business proposal and spit it out the other end fully funded and resources (ok, ok, a girl can dream can't she). Given my track record of timing launches and deliveries I expect to get the funding go-ahead the day before we leave for China.
All these obstacles haven't completely thwarted me however. I was able to get in a little retail therapy and got some cute things for Anna's room. I think I can attach the pictures inline here.
Don't worry. I didn't totally crack and buy the whole bedding set - I just got the quilt, sheets, dust-ruffle and window valence. I also got a cute dragonfly mobile and nighlight.
I am sure I am going to get some backlash on this eventually I'll just fess up now. Yes, despite the fact that all of my 3 sons have used the same set of scratchy 100-count bedding I purchased off the discount rack at Bed and Bath back in 1996 (...even before it was Bed, Bath, and Beyond!), my daughter will be sleeping on brand new 300 count Gleanna Jean bedding. I don't know who this Gleanna Jean is, but wow is she making a killing off of children's bedding.
-- Anna's mom
I think the real problem right now is that I don't have a good outlet for my anxious energy.
Most expectant mother's start to nest. Unfortunately we are just weeks away from starting a full scale remodel(hmm, I bet you are all thinking you've heard this before). "Nesting" is out of the question. The cute coral room I want to sencil with dragonflies will become the boys room as we convert their room to our temporary kitchen. Don't get me started on the thought of managing a full on provisioning routine for a family of 6 out of a 10x10 space using only a microwave oven, make-shift plumbing reinforced with duct tape, and a card table.
The next best thing to preparing Anna's room would be to shop for cute girl clothes...except I have no idea how old she'll be, or what season we'll be bringing her home in. (Yes, we are still assuming we will have her home this winter, but I don't want to jinx myself). I can just see myself buying her cute baby clothes only to find out my daughter is 1 1/2. Plus I've heard that you can find all the cutest designer baby clothes in China for a fraction of the cost. I know the boys are psyched to stock up on Astro World Series Champions 2005 gear when we are over there.
I can't even exersize my own personal tried and true way of waiting out the last weeks before "a delivery". And, no I am not talking about sitting in the back seat of of the car trying to figure out why I am not getting anywhere very quickly! I am talking about working insane hours to launch a new product. In fact I am doing just the opposite these days, patiently awaiting the black hole that is Adobe-Macromedia Day 1 Ops planning to digest my business proposal and spit it out the other end fully funded and resources (ok, ok, a girl can dream can't she). Given my track record of timing launches and deliveries I expect to get the funding go-ahead the day before we leave for China.
All these obstacles haven't completely thwarted me however. I was able to get in a little retail therapy and got some cute things for Anna's room. I think I can attach the pictures inline here.
Don't worry. I didn't totally crack and buy the whole bedding set - I just got the quilt, sheets, dust-ruffle and window valence. I also got a cute dragonfly mobile and nighlight.
I am sure I am going to get some backlash on this eventually I'll just fess up now. Yes, despite the fact that all of my 3 sons have used the same set of scratchy 100-count bedding I purchased off the discount rack at Bed and Bath back in 1996 (...even before it was Bed, Bath, and Beyond!), my daughter will be sleeping on brand new 300 count Gleanna Jean bedding. I don't know who this Gleanna Jean is, but wow is she making a killing off of children's bedding.
-- Anna's mom

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home