Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Wait

When we started on this journey back in January I honestly thought that it would be way easier than being pregnant. As I spent the summer in full swim/bike/run mode and looking for a new job internally at Adobe I felt like a genius. Imagine trying to find a new job while 6 months pregnant with loads of fee time on my hands to waddle around in the heat. This adoption thing would be great. We also assumed the wait would be easy - 3 boys, full time jobs. We wouldn't even get antsy for Anna till we got on the plane. We were going to breeze through this all no worse for the wear.

No such luck. Last week everything changed. Last week I caught wind of the first rumor that would indicate that Anna was in the next batch of babies being referred by China. And I officially became one of "them" - the crazed "on deck" group of soon to be China parents. If you think pregnancy fries your brain during the last few weeks - you haven't experienced being an expextant mother when you honestly don't know where your baby is.

So based on this really encouraging rumor we decided to do what we were warned at the start of this whole process to avoid at all costs. We started tracking the adoption discussion groups on Yahoo....

-- Anna's mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home